|HeliExperts International LLC is your full-service source for qualified and unbiased, professional heliport design and upgrade, aeronautical planning, and ongoing Safety Management System (SMS) support.
In addition to helping you through the regulatory process of designing and constructing, or upgrading, the right aeronautical facility for your needs and budget, HeliExperts International LLC also provides heliport safety evaluations and safety improvement services, heliport personnel training, and SMS integration of existing ground-level, elevated, rooftop, and floating heliports.
Our full-service in-house Heliport Development and Safety Management System services include:
- Feasibility and site selection studies
- Heliport designs and master plans
- Application and procurement of all aviation, environmental, and land-use permits
- Oversight of existing facility regulatory compliance, safety, operational, and marketing issues
- Develop customized facility operations manual and provide training
- Longevity exposure (closure potential) and liability-reduction inspections
- Community-responsive “fly neighborly” route design and safety policies
HeliExperts International LLC is your full-service source for qualified professional Heliport/Helipad Design and aeronautical planning.
Our accomplishments include:
- Master planned and/or designed 400+ heliports
- Inspected, audited, inventoried and evaluated 3,000+ heliports
- Exceptional heliport regulatory approval rate
- 100% success rate in litigation support services dealing with helicopters and heliports
- Designed and primary author of the HAI Heliport/Vertiport Development Guide.
- More than 20 years serving on FAA and NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) committees assisting with authoring the FAA Heliport and Vertiport Design Advisory Circulars and developing the NFPA Standards for Heliports (documents that detail how heliports are to be designed and the fire protection and safety standards).
- Syms is the Chair and Alexander is a member of NFPA 418 Standards for Heliports committee which reviews vital lessons learned in the field for implementation into the NFPA standards.
- Extensive client list of 400+ includes the FAA, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Justice, and U.S. Postal Service; the states of Hawaii, New York, New Jersey and Illinois; the cities of New York and Denver; Maricopa County, and multiple private and public corporations, helicopter operators, insurance companies, hospitals, law firms, and individuals.
Blending Experience and Professionalism with Honesty and Integrity
Having spent years in the helicopter industry as pilots first our team understands and appreciates critical and often times overlooked aviation safety factors in heliport site selection and heliport design considerations that others oftentimes overlook. Such things as helicopter flight characteristics, aerodynamic loading, helicopter controllability, wind shear, architecturally induced turbulence, pilot workload, helicopter performance margins, patient safety and patient morbidity and mortality have become second nature to our methodology. We are among the highest and most uniquely qualified and experienced heliport, helicopter operation, and general aviation consulting firms in the world. All of our services are client-needs-orientated, meaning we do not sell or represent any heliport or helicopter-related equipment manufacturers. We have no commissions to make off selling you products for your project. We work solely for you.
Our Full-Service In-House Aeronautical Consulting Services include:
- Prospective heliport feasibility planning, site selection studies, and heliport designs
- FAA, NFPA, ICAO, DOD-UFC DOT, regional, state, and local land-use jurisdiction heliport approvals
- Heliport hands-on training, facility operational training, and emergency action plans, manuals and programs for new and existing facilities
- Existing heliport safety, regulatory appraisal, risk and liability exposure reduction, longevity assessment, operations audits, remediation plans, and community interface conflict-resolution program (Fly Neighborly) issues
- Helicopter management and operational policy procedure design, editing, and auditing services for EMS, corporate, and private operations
- Expert witness services to include investigations, reconstruction exhibits, litigation support, and testimony within our substantial areas of unique expertise
- FAA obstacle evaluation interface services to include FAA application, reapplication, field studies of potential adverse effects, reversal of FAA denials, and obtaining of FAA approvals